それが“彩纏 Sai Ten”
それが“彩纏 Sai Ten”
刺龍堂についてThe story of Shiryudoh began in Indonesia and traversed many different countries and locations before finally settling back home in Japan. After experiencing various different cultures first-hand, the long-held dream of working in the heart of Japanese culture finally brought the studio here to Shibamata. Shibamata is a rare treasure in the heart of old Tokyo where many historical buildings and cultural landmarks still remain. It’s a great opportunity to see a new side of Tokyo for anyone coming here for the first time. Our studio’s unique tattoo style is called “Saiten” We named it Saiten to represent “starting down a new path” after developing from the combined cultural backgrounds of the traditional Irezumi tattoo culture of Japan and the western tattoo culture brought over from America. The “colorfulness” (Sai) of fine, delicate line-art becoming a “decoration” (Ten) on the body itself. That is the meaning of the Japanese characters of Saiten. Shiryudoh’s clients have always come from all around the world, and here at the studio in Shibamata, Tokyo we will continue to welcome people from any country, race, religion, and sexuality.
刺龍堂のデザインIn general, Shiryudoh does not accept commissions for designs that cover the entire back or that fill in parts of the body with no space remaining. Instead, Shiryudoh’s design style focuses on creating designs that are a unique expression of many different elements and cultural inspirations. For example, various Asian countries’ traditional Buddhist art cultures or the motifs from ancient pottery found in archeological expeditions. We wanted to create a style that feels like a beautiful representation of Asian culture in the form of a tattoo. This is the style that Shiryudoh first began using in its designs when it opened in Japan.It’s not working within a genre that already existed, and it’s not an imitation of someone else’s art. It’s a brand new interpretation and expression of Asian culture and influences, including Japan of course. When we incorporate this style with your specific design request and ideas, it truly becomes something original like no other. This is the true meaning our work here at Shiryudoh and is the philosophy that will continue to guide us in creating new art. Our wish is to continue to raise the bar with each and every design we create with you and every client who comes to Shiryudoh.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
At this studio we use only disposable items such as needles, ink, ink containers, gloves, razors, cups, masks, bed covers, etc. Anything that has touched the client’s body will be thrown away, and items that cannot be disposed of are covered in plastic after each use and the plastic is thrown away. Also, for general public safety, any items such as needles that have touched blood never thrown into the normal trash but instead are disposed of through a special medical-supply garbage service that disposes of bio-hazardous materials. We also sterilize every surface with alcohol (ethanol) before and after each client arrives, run an air purifier in the studio, and the tattooist has been properly vaccinated against HBV and other viruses.
- Design Requests
- Please contact us for design requests by email or phone. We will help clients with a clear tattoo requests set up an official consultation with the tattooist. We are also happy to invite clients who are still unclear on what they want to come visit us for a free consultation with the tattooist’s assistant. All appointments are made by reservation and we are not currently available for walk-in clients, so please call or email in advance.
- Free Consultations
- For clients who are still undecided on the specifics of their design request, we encourage you to make an appointment for a free consultation with the tattooist’s assistant. You can ask any questions you may have about the general procedure, and we also have several pre-existing design books you can look through here in person at the studio. The appointment lasts one hour and in general we schedule these from 2:00pm to 6:00pm. If you think you might want to confirm your design request and make an official appointment for your tattoo design with the artist himself, please let the assistant know and they will try to suggest a time for your appointment when the tattooist is also available.
- Official Consultations
- For clients who have decided on their design details, location, size, color, and budget, we recommend an official consultation with the artist himself to finalize your tattoo appointment. The consultation lasts one hour and you will have the opportunity to flesh out the design in detail with the tattooist. He will create a sketch with you in order to confirm the most important details of the request and answer any questions you may have. At this consultation you will receive the most important details you need to know for the day of your procedure, sign an agreement form, and pay the deposit fee which guarantees your appointment with us officially. For clients living abroad, this stage of the process is done online via email and PayPal, and we do our best to communicate your specific design needs with the artist to assure you get the exact design you are looking forward to during your stay in Japan. Our staff is bilingual and we openly welcome clients who may prefer to write in English instead of Japanese.
- Design Process
- After the agreement form has been signed and the deposit received, your appointment will be confirmed and the tattooist will begin working on your official design. Since there is only a limited amount of time available each day to create designs (remember he is also performing procedures for clients each day!), we try to clarify all the design request details as perfectly as possible before he starts working on the design itself. This ensures the best design possible in an efficient, timely manner. Small changes after the design has been completed may or may not be possible, but as a rule we are usually unable to accommodate large alterations. If a change request comes and the artist considers it possible, there may be a small increase in the design fee which raises the finalized price of the design. Requests to edit or alter the design after it has been submitted to the client are discouraged for the above reasons.
- Once the design is completed and confirmed, the final step is the procedure itself! Please rest well and keep your body in good condition in the days before your procedure, and prepare to arrive on time for your appointment. Each client experiences pain differently, but we do our utmost to ensure the best design possible for you and give you a pleasant experience while you’re here.
- When the procedure is finished, we explain the after-care process in detail. The skin heals at different rates for each person, but in general please avoid putting the tattooed area of skin under water (such as a bath, onsen, or pool) until it has fully healed. Please also avoid scratching, sunburn, and heavy exercise. We advise that you avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours as well. If you have any questions about the after-care process, please feel free to reach out to us by email or phone at any time.
- Average Price $400-$700
- Minimum Price for a new design $350～ （Counseling+Creating the design+procedure) * The price could be lower for a very small, simple design
- Minimum Price $150～ (For simple premade designs only)
For Ron’s tattoo
- The minimum price for Ron’s design and tattoo is $350 USD.
- For a piece around 7cm x 7cm, please expect around $500 USD.
- Ron cannot do sleeves.
- Ron does not do only designs; the designs are only to be tattooed by himself.
- For the size of a post card or bigger, after email-or-otherwise communication, please trust and leave the design entirely to Ron. Minor change according to your feedback may or may not happen to a certain extent, but please be reminded that alteration in design will be extra charge.
- For intricate designs such as Kuno style, alteration in the details is not possible once the design is done, regardless of the size.
- Ron does not do big tattoos, but if at all, for pieces above 15cm, please expect at least $1000 USD. This is because from our experiences, we have learned that bigger, more complicated and intricate designs tend to consume a lot more energy in the process than smaller pieces, and we cannot simply calculate from the size.
- Pricing cannot be generalized and hard to be stated without seeing the actual design, but for your reference, we have many $600-$700 pieces.
Ron is the artist, tattooist, and owner of Shiryudoh. He studied the art of Silk Road at university and upon graduation he worked as an archeologist, spending several years abroad visiting various countries and cultures, which is where he found his calling as a tattoo artist. Building on that experience he began his independent career as the designer and artist we know today. His hobbies include bicycles, researching indigenous cultures around the world, tropical plants, trees, and wood, and of course collecting antiques.
Contact us by phone or fax03-5876-9696（10:30～19:30） Studio is Closed on：Every Wednesday, Every Other Thursday
Contact us by Efirstname.lastname@example.org
- Business hours
- Procedures start from
- Appointment for discussion of design
- 11:30 may also be available depending on the day
- Visitation hours
- 14：00〜18：00（Last appointment 17:30）
- Regular closing days
- Wednesday,Every other Thursday
- Phone and Fax
- Shibamata 1-44-14, Katsushika Tokyo（MAP）